NC Stairway Solutions proudly serves residents of Greenville, NC and New Bern, NC. As trusted suppliers of stairlifts, we are in the business of helping keep you mobile. We install and repair reliable stairlifts and wheelchair lifts that help you do just that. With over 20 years in the business, you can rest assured that you’re in good hands.
Falls are one of the top causes of injury in the elderly. Fortunately, there are a number of steps you can take to help minimize the risks of falling. Here are a few tips to help prevent falls:
- Make sure that all of the stairs inside and outside of your home have rails to hold onto.
- Also, make sure that all areas of your home are well-lit so that it’s easy for everyone to see where they’re going.
- Keep your floors and stairs clean of items, like shoes, to prevent someone from tripping over these.
- If you have any rugs in your home, make sure that all of the edges are secure to the ground to help prevent people from accidentally tripping.
- Use rubber mats in your home’s bathrooms to help avoid slipping.
- If it’s been raining or snowing outside, be sure to use extra caution when leaving the home, or avoid going out altogether during this type of weather, if that’s possible.
- Wear shoes with a good tread that will grip the ground and help you walk steadily.
Falls happen, but we can do things in our home to help lessen the risk of them happening. Stairlifts can also help those who have trouble safely using their stairways. For all of your stairlift needs, give us a call today at NC Stairway in New Bern, NC.